Pestilli Lab / Psychological and Brain Science @ Indiana University (2017 - Present)
Working as a lead developer for an NSF sponsored project allowing brain scientists to organize data, register code and submit processes in various HPC and cloud resources. Implemented backend services, UI/CLI on Jetstream/OpenStack infrastructure. Designed the landing site and wrote documentation. Assisted and mentored junior developers contributing to the projects and supported scientists publishing Apps on the brainlife.io platform.
Scientific Applications / Research Tecchnologies @ Indiana Univ (2015-2017)
Consulted and supported researchers from various scientific domains. Developed applications for Astronomy, Bioinformatics, and Radiology enabling researchers to access large datasets and orchestrate HPC/HTC workflows via modern web UI.
Built a highly-available docker based cluster infrastructure with sensu alert and monitoring as well as centralized logging and analysis system using ELK. [Docker, pm2, sensu, ELK, nginx, LVS/Keepalived]
Implemented NOAO/WIYN One Degree Imager (ODI) Portal allowing user to search atronomical archive and view images through zoomable HTML5/canvas based HDR image viewer, and submit image processing workflows.
Open Science Grid @ Indiana University (2008 - 2015)
Developed numbers of front and backend systems for Open Science Grid allowing operation team to effectively organize topological information of OSG computing resources, to synchronize support tickets across different ticketing systems, and to orchestrate x509 certificate issuance and revocation workflows accredited by IGTF. Implemented various scientific workflows such as a system that can execute large BLAST gene sequence queries on DHTC environment.
Implemented and provided 24x7 support for various OSG’s central services such as: an XMPP-based notification system that can relay real time ticketing / resource information to OSG support staff; a public trouble ticket submissions interface / automatic routing system; a ticket exchange system that can synchronize trouble tickets across many ticketing systems
PHP/Zend, XMPP,SOAP, Jira, Remedy, ServiceNow, RT
Implemented LVS/HA networking infrastructure that eliminates service outage during routine maintenance. Volunteered to research and promote new tools and architectures by hosting discussions and presentations of new technologies and industry best practices
KVM/QEMU, Cloud-Config, OpenStack, Docker, AngularJS, DevOps, CI/CD, BTSync, Jenkins, Ansible, Usability Testings
Citigroup @ Acxiom (2007 - 2008)
Implemented web applications for security entitlement review and various auditing activities conducted by citigroup
PHP/Zend, MVC, Oracle, ExtJS, Ajax/jQuery
EMC @ Acxiom (2005 - 2007)
Developed business intelligence / analytics components for grid-enabled ETL engines allowing users to execute a SAS/SPSS on massively parallel environment.
SAS, SPSS, IBM Datastage, Pentaho Kettle, ETL
Market Management Applications @ Acxiom (2001 - 2005)
Implemented “SAS Grid Service” that allowed users to access SAS GUI remotely for Discover that can take advantage of remote computing resource and data storage.
Implemented a web application used by Acxiom allowing them to access account data, schedule jobs, and other common tasks performed by analysts via a web UI
.NET/C#, JBoss, SQL Server
Developed and optimized campaign management applications used by various large financial and media companies. The applications allowed users to graphically define search queries to perform campaign management activities. Implemented a query language parser, which can bidirectionally synchronize user activities on the GUI and text editor using command objects
Bison / Yacc, Java, Corba, MFC
- “Galaxy based BLAST submission to Open Science Grid resources” Soichi Hayashi, S. GESING, R. Quick, S. TEIGE, C. Ganote, L. Wu and E. Prout. 2014 PoS (ISGC2014) 025
- “GOC-TX: A Reliable Ticket Synchronization Application for the Open Science Grid” Soichi Hayashi, Arvind Gopu and Robert Quick. 2011 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 331 082013 doi:10.1088/1742-6596/331/8/082013
- “MyOSG: a user-centric information resource for OSG infrastructure data sources” Arvind Gopu, Soichi Hayashi, Robert Quick. 01/2009; In proceeding of: Proceedings of the 5th Grid Computing Environments Workshop, GCE 2009, November 20, 2009, Portland, Oregon, USA
- http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/396/3/032002 “Distributed Monitoring Infrastructure for Worldwide LHC Computing Grid” P Andrade et al 2012 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 396 032002 doi:10.1088/1742-6596/396/3/032002 http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/396/3/032105 “The event notification and alarm system for the Open Science Grid operations center” S Hayashi et al 2012 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 396 032105 doi:10.1088/1742-6596/396/3/032105
- “A web based astronomical compute archive, visualization, and analysis service.” Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S.; Young, M. D.; Harbeck, D.; Boroson, T.; Liu, W.; Shaw, R.; Henschel, R.; Rajagopal, J.; Knezek, P.; Martin, P.; Archbold, K. 2014. ODI - Portal, Pipeline, and Archive (ODI-PPA) - Proceedings of SPIE - Astronomical Telescopes + Instrumentation 9152, article number 9152-14.
- “Image Explorer: Astronomical Image Analysis on an HTML5-based Web Application.” Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S.; Young, M. D. In ASP Conference Series Volume TBD
- “Towards web-browser based tools for astronomical source visualization and analysis.” Young, M. D.; Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S. Source Explorer: In ASP Conference Series Volume TBD.
- “FRIAA: A FRamework for Web-based Interactive Astronomy Analysis using AMQP Messaging.” Young, M. D.; Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S.; Cox, J. A. 2012. In ASP Conference Series Volume 475, Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems XXII
- “RSV: OSG Fabric Monitoring and Interoperation with WLCG Monitoring Systems” Quick, R., Gopu, A., and Hayashi, S. (2009). Presented at CHEP 2009 (Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics), Prague, Czech Republic, March 21-27, 2009.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Henderson State University, 2001
- B.S. in Physics, Henderson State University, 2001
Naturalized US Citizen / Japanese Native
Here is my latest resume pdf