Pestilli Lab / Psychological and Brain Science @ Indiana University (2017 - Present)
Scalable Computing & Archive @ Indiana University (2015 - 2017)
Developed microservices that allows API access to HPC / HTC and other computing resources. Designed and developed workflow management services and implemented web & electron UIs that allows users to execute various scientific workflows such as neuroscience connectome evaluation service, and data archival and restoration tool.
NodeJS, WebSocket, express, Angular, JWT, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
Built a highly-available docker based cluster infrastructure with sensu alert and monitoring as well as centralized logging and analysis system using ELK. [Docker, pm2, sensu, ELK, nginx, LVS/Keepalived]
Implemented NOAO/WIYN One Degree Imager (ODI) Portal allowing user to search atronomical archive and view images through zoomable HTML5/canvas based HDR image viewer, and submit image processing workflows.
Distributed High Throughput Computing @ Indiana University (2008 - 2015)
Built a workflow engine for distributed NCBI blast allowing bioinformaticists to submit blast queries against large databases on distributed HTC, or Open Science Grid (OSG)
Nodejs, Galaxy, Condor, NCBI Blast+, CMVFS/OASIS
Implemented OIM (OSG Information Management System) allowing OSG administrator to maintains complex OSG topology and administrative information through an easy-to-use Ajax based web-forms
Java, J2EE, Tomcat, DivRep, Python
Implemented x509 certificate management / issuing workflow system used to issue certificates used by OSG community. Conducted several usability testings to improve usability and user experience
Implemented MyOSG information web portal and sub-systems that allow OSG users to access a variety of OSG information through a single interface. Implemented an RSV status aggregator which can digest millions of raw RSV metrics to provide a quick access via MyOSG
PHP/ZendFramework, jQuery, MySQL, Java, TWiki, RSV, VOMS, BDII, Google Map
Implemented and provided 24x7 support for various OSG’s central services such as: an XMPP-based notification system that can relay real time ticketing / resource information to OSG support staff; a public trouble ticket submissions interface / automatic routing system; a ticket exchange system that can synchronize trouble tickets across many ticketing systems
PHP/Zend, XMPP,SOAP, Jira, Remedy, ServiceNow, RT
Implemented LVS/HA networking infrastructure that eliminates service outage during routine maintenance. Volunteered to research and promote new tools and architectures by hosting discussions and presentations of new technologies and industry best practices
KVM/QEMU, Cloud-Config, OpenStack, Docker, AngularJS, DevOps, CI/CD, BTSync, Jenkins, Ansible, Usability Testings
Citigroup @ Acxiom (2007 - 2008)
Implemented web applications for security entitlement review and various auditing activities conducted by citigroup
PHP/Zend, MVC, Oracle, ExtJS, Ajax/jQuery
EMC @ Acxiom (2005 - 2007)
Developed business intelligence / analytics components for grid-enabled ETL engines allowing users to execute a SAS/SPSS on massively parallel environment.
SAS, SPSS, IBM Datastage, Pentaho Kettle, ETL
Market Management Applications @ Acxiom (2001 - 2005)
Implemented “SAS Grid Service” that allowed users to access SAS GUI remotely for Discover that can take advantage of remote computing resource and data storage.
Implemented a web application used by Acxiom allowing them to access account data, schedule jobs, and other common tasks performed by analysts via a web UI
.NET/C#, JBoss, SQL Server
Developed and optimized campaign management applications used by various large financial and media companies. The applications allowed users to graphically define search queries to perform campaign management activities. Implemented a query language parser, which can bidirectionally synchronize user activities on the GUI and text editor using command objects
Bison / Yacc, Java, Corba, MFC
- “Galaxy based BLAST submission to Open Science Grid resources” Soichi Hayashi, S. GESING, R. Quick, S. TEIGE, C. Ganote, L. Wu and E. Prout. 2014 PoS (ISGC2014) 025
- “GOC-TX: A Reliable Ticket Synchronization Application for the Open Science Grid” Soichi Hayashi, Arvind Gopu and Robert Quick. 2011 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 331 082013 doi:10.1088/1742-6596/331/8/082013
- “MyOSG: a user-centric information resource for OSG infrastructure data sources” Arvind Gopu, Soichi Hayashi, Robert Quick. 01/2009; In proceeding of: Proceedings of the 5th Grid Computing Environments Workshop, GCE 2009, November 20, 2009, Portland, Oregon, USA
- http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/396/3/032002 “Distributed Monitoring Infrastructure for Worldwide LHC Computing Grid” P Andrade et al 2012 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 396 032002 doi:10.1088/1742-6596/396/3/032002 http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/396/3/032105 “The event notification and alarm system for the Open Science Grid operations center” S Hayashi et al 2012 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 396 032105 doi:10.1088/1742-6596/396/3/032105
- “A web based astronomical compute archive, visualization, and analysis service.” Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S.; Young, M. D.; Harbeck, D.; Boroson, T.; Liu, W.; Shaw, R.; Henschel, R.; Rajagopal, J.; Knezek, P.; Martin, P.; Archbold, K. 2014. ODI - Portal, Pipeline, and Archive (ODI-PPA) - Proceedings of SPIE - Astronomical Telescopes + Instrumentation 9152, article number 9152-14.
- “Image Explorer: Astronomical Image Analysis on an HTML5-based Web Application.” Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S.; Young, M. D. In ASP Conference Series Volume TBD
- “Towards web-browser based tools for astronomical source visualization and analysis.” Young, M. D.; Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S. Source Explorer: In ASP Conference Series Volume TBD.
- “FRIAA: A FRamework for Web-based Interactive Astronomy Analysis using AMQP Messaging.” Young, M. D.; Gopu, A.; Hayashi, S.; Cox, J. A. 2012. In ASP Conference Series Volume 475, Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems XXII
- “RSV: OSG Fabric Monitoring and Interoperation with WLCG Monitoring Systems” Quick, R., Gopu, A., and Hayashi, S. (2009). Presented at CHEP 2009 (Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics), Prague, Czech Republic, March 21-27, 2009.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Henderson State University, 2001
- B.S. in Physics, Henderson State University, 2001
Naturalized US Citizen / Japanese Native
Here is my latest resume pdf